Online College Courses Available in Kansas (KS)
There are 37 public colleges and universities in Kansas. These institutions are overseen by the Kansas Board of Regents. The largest public university by enrollment is the University of Kansas in Lawrence. The school also has campuses in Overland Park and Topeka. For students interested in online college courses in Kansas, the University of Kansas offers distance education courses in areas such as architecture, nursing, education, and public health. In addition, there are a number of community colleges and private institutions that offer degree programs specifically designed for working adults.
Wichita. Wichita is the largest city in the state of Kansas, with a population of 382,368 according to the 2010 census. The city is home to several universities, the largest of which is Wichita State University.
- Friends University. This four-year private university offers associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees. Online programs are available in subjects such as business, computer information systems, and health care leadership.
- ITT Technical Institute – Wichita. ITT Technical Institute has more than 130 campuses across the country. Their Wichita campus offers associate and bachelor’s degrees in a variety of technology-focused fields.
- National American University – Wichita. At National American University’s Wichita campus, students can pursue associate and bachelor’s degrees with the convenience of blended learning. This combines flexible online courses with face-to-face instruction. Programs include accounting, marketing, criminal justice, and information technology.
- Newman University. This four-year private university has a variety of options for adult learners, including degree completion programs, continuing education credits, and reduced tuition rates for laid-off workers. Associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degree programs are available.
- University of Phoenix – Wichita. The University of Phoenix at Wichita offers degrees in business management, nursing, education, and technology. Students have the option to attend classes at their local campus or complete their degree entirely online.
- Wichita Area Technical College. Both online and hybrid programs are available through Wichita Area Technical College. Associate degrees and certificates are offered in areas such as administrative office technology, home health care, and e-marketing.
- Wichita State University. Students at Wichita State University can choose from more than 60 undergraduate degree programs across 200 areas of study. Online offerings include professional training courses in health care, business, and networking.
Kansas City. Located in northeastern Kansas, Kansas City is the third-largest city in the state. Kansas City is often referred to as “KCK” to differentiate from the neighboring Kansas City, Missouri, just across the border, known as “KCMO.”
- Donnelly College. This four-year private institution offers certificates, associate, and bachelor’s degrees. Donnelly College is the region’s only federally designated Minority Serving Institution, dedicated to meeting the needs of an ethnically diverse student population.
- Kansas City Kansas Community College. This community college is a public two-year institution that grants certificates and associate degrees. Evening, weekend, and online courses are intended to serve adult learners and non-traditional students.
Lawrence. Home to the University of Kansas, Lawrence is a college town located in the northeastern part of the state, 25 miles east of Topeka. The city was established in 1854 for the New England Emigrant Aid Company, which transported immigrants to the territory to influence population levels enough that Kansas could join the Union as a free state, rather than a slave state.
- Pinnacle Career Institute – Lawrence. Pinnacle Career Institute is a two-year private school that offers certificates and associate degrees. Online programs are available in areas such as business administration, information technology, medical assisting, and personal training.
- University of Kansas. The University of Kansas is the largest university by enrollment in the state, serving more than 30,000 students. Independent study and online courses are offered in subjects ranging from anthropology to sports management.