Online College Courses Available in Rhode Island (RI)
Located on the eastern coast, Rhode Island is the smallest state in the United States. It has a history as one of the original thirteen colonies. Despite its size, Rhode Island boasts excellent higher education opportunities for students. It has 24 colleges and universities, eight of which offer online college courses in Rhode Island.
Kingston. Kingston is a historic town in Rhode Island. It was established in 1637, and it is home to the main campus of the University of Rhode Island.
- University of Rhode Island. This university was founded in 1888 as the state’s agricultural school. Today, it offers 10 schools of study and awards both undergraduate and graduate degrees. It offers many opportunities for online and hybrid learning.
Providence. The capital of Rhode Island, Providence is the most populated city in the state. It was founded in 1636 and is one of the oldest cities in the nation.
- Johnson & Wales University. JWU’s Providence campus was founded in 1914. Today, it is JWU’s largest campus. It awards associate degrees, bachelor’s degrees, and master’s degrees in a variety of disciplines, and offers online courses for its students.
- Providence College. Named a “Best Buy” school by the 2012 Fiske Guide to Colleges, Providence College is a faith-based liberal arts institution. Since its founding in 1917, it has developed a strong science and humanities curriculum. Providence College has certificate, undergraduate, and graduate programs, and provides the opportunity for students to take classes online.
Warwick. A large city in Rhode Island, Warwick has a history that goes as far back as 1642. It is home to three higher education institutions, two of which offer online classes.
- Community College of Rhode Island. CCRI is a public institution that offers technical, career-based, and academic programs. It was founded in 1960 and continues to serve students seeking higher education. Not only does CCRI offer online courses, but the physical campus also provides distance learning laboratories for online students that need access to computers.
- New England Institute of Technology. Founded in 1940, the New England Institute of Technology is committed to staying on top of the constantly-changing nature of technology. It offers associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees in areas like information technology, design technology, video game development, and mechanical engineering. Many of its courses are offered either in hybrid format or wholly online.