Online College Courses in Arizona (AZ)
Arizona was the 48th state to be added to the Union, the last of the Continental States. Famous for the deserts that cover a large portion of the state, Arizona is also known for the Grand Canyon and the Barringer Meteorite Crater, which is a mile-wide, 570-foot meteorite impact site that is one of the most well-preserved in the world. Arizona is also home to a number of institutions of higher education, the largest and most well-known being Arizona State University, Northern Arizona University, and the University of Arizona. These and many of the other colleges and universities now offer online college courses in Arizona.
Phoenix. Phoenix is the capital of Arizona and known as the "Valley of the Sun". Phoenix was founded in 1861, became incorporated as a city in 1881, and is now the nation's only state capital to hold more than one million residents. The city is home to many colleges and universities, a large number of which offer online college courses in Phoenix.
- American Indian College of the Assemblies of God. AIC is a private, Christian college geared toward educating Native Americans — all ethnicities are welcome — and preparing them for Christian service. The school offers many majors, including elementary education and business administration. Many of the students major in Christian Ministry and take advantage of the school's Christian outreach programs. In addition to this, the school offers online classes, allowing student to learn at their own pace.
- Anthem College-Phoenix. Anthem is headquartered in Phoenix and has campuses spread throughout the country. The school awards less than one-year and one-year certificates, as well as associates and bachelor's degrees. Many degree programs are offered at their campus, including accounting, computer science, and veterinary technology. Anthem also has an online college offering eight programs, including criminal justice and health information management, which allow students to take all of their classes online. Anthem College is accredited by the Accrediting Council of Independent Colleges & Schools (ACICS). For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at, http://programdisclosures.com.
- Argosy University-Phoenix. Argosy is a private institution with campuses in many of the nation's major cities in addition to Phoenix, such as Atlanta, Chicago, Washington D.C., and San Francisco. The Phoenix campus offers bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees in seven fields, including psychology and business. Argosy has an online division offering many of the programs that can be found at the Phoenix campus, plus, they incorporate associate degree programs online.
- Brookline College-Phoenix. Brookline, a private college, awards less than one-year certificates, associate degrees, and bachelor's degrees in business, health care, and legal studies. The Phoenix campus has nearly 1,700 students currently enrolled there and maintains a student-to-teacher ratio of around 25 to 1. Brookline's online division offers many of the degree programs found at their campus, and they recently incorporated a master's of science degree in nursing education.
- Carrington College-Phoenix. Carrington College has many campuses throughout the nation. The Phoenix campus offers associate degree programs and professional certificate programs in eight fields, including dental assisting, message therapy, and fitness training. Carrington College Online offers degree and certificate programs in 10 fields, including accounting, business, criminal justice, and graphic design, all of which can be earned without having to attend a physical classroom.
- Chamberlain College of Nursing-Phoenix Campus. Chamberlain is a private institution in Phoenix offering one degree program: Bachelor's of Science in Nursing. Instead of having summers off, students at Chamberlain take classes year-round, allowing them to earn their degree in less time. The school offers this degree, as well as a master's of science in nursing degree online.
- Devry University-Arizona. Devry is a private university with campuses all over the country. The Arizona campus, located in Phoenix, awards associate, bachelor's, and master's degrees through their five colleges. Devry also offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate degree programs online.
- Everest College Phoenix. Everest is a private college that prides itself on not only offering a high-quality education to their students, but also helping them start their careers after graduation through their Career Services Department. Students here can earn associate and bachelor's degrees in business, health care, and legal. Everest also offers online education, where students can earn associate and bachelor's degrees in business and criminal justice.
- GateWay Community College. GateWay is a public college awarding associate degrees, as well as less than one-year, one-year, and two-year certificates. Students here can choose from a wide range of areas of study, including automotive, industrial technology, nursing, and liberal arts. The school offers many classes online as well.
- Grand Canyon University. Grand Canyon is the nation's only private, for-profit, Christian university. Boasting a student body of more than 37,000, classes are small, averaging a 16 to 1 student-to-teacher ratio. Students here have the opportunity to earn bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees in a number of fields. Students also have the option of completing online degree programs.
- ITT Technical Institute-Phoenix. ITT Tech in Phoenix awards associate and bachelor degrees through their schools of information technology, electronics technology, drafting and design, business, and criminal justice. Most of these degrees can also be earned through the school's online programs.
- Maricopa Skill Center. Maricopa is a public institution focused on career training and education. Students can earn less than one-year and one-year certificates in business, technology, and more. Students who are not able to attend a classroom have the option of taking classes online.
- Ottawa University-Phoenix. Ottawa is a private, not-for-profit, Christian-based university. The school awards bachelor's and master's degrees, as well as less than one-year, postbaccalaureate, and post-master's certificates. Accredited by the Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Ottawa offers degree programs through their schools of arts and sciences, business, and education. Many of these undergraduate and graduate degree programs are also offered online.
- Paradise Valley Community College. Paradise Valley is a public university that awards associate degrees and less than one-year and one-year certificates. The school offers a wide range of degree and certificate programs, many of which are designed to be easily transferred to other institutions of higher education upon completion. The school offers many of their classes and degree programs online as well.
- Phoenix College.This public university has an extensive list of subject areas and awards associate degrees and less than one-year and one-year certificates. Phoenix College Online allows students to take hybrid courses, which combine classroom and online study, as well as entire classes an degree programs without having to set foot on the campus.
- Phoenix Seminary. Phoenix Seminary is a private, not-for-profit, evangelical institution. According to the school's website, they strive to provide their students with three main things: theological education, personal mentoring, and ministry training. The school awards master's and doctoral degrees, and postbaccalaureate certificates, the majority of which are in biblical studies and ministry. To accommodate students who may not be able to attend a physical classroom, the school offers online education.
- South Mountain Community College. South Mountain is a public college offering associate degree programs, as well as less than one-year and one-year certificate programs. The school has a long list of programs and degrees that students can choose from. Students here have the option of taking classes online through Blackboard.
- The Art Institute of Phoenix. The Art Institute is a private school where students can earn associate and bachelor's degrees in areas such as culinary arts, graphic design, and advertising. This school is geared toward educating students looking for careers in creative fields. They don't limit this opportunity to only those students who can attend a traditional classroom. They offer online courses as well.
- University of Phoenix-Phoenix-Hohokam Campus. This is one of the many nation-wide campuses of the University of Phoenix. Students attending this campus can earn bachelor's and master's degrees, and less than one-year, postbaccalaureate, and post-master's certificates from a wide range of fields, including criminal justice, psychology, and education. This school also has an extensive list of online programs to choose from.
- Western International University. Western is a private school focused on business and technology. Students here can earn associate, bachelor's, and master's degrees. Western also offers classes online. However, they are working to bring the classroom experience to your home through their interactive online courses, which allow students to attend a real time class with interaction comparable to a traditional classroom.
Tucson. With a mountainous horizon in every direction, Tucson rests in the deserts of southeast Arizona. The city has summer temperatures that can reach 115 degrees Fahrenheit, and usually experiences less than 15 inches of rain a year. The city hosts the annual Tucson Gem and Mineral Show, the largest gem and mineral show in the world. Tuscon is also home to the University of Arizona, which is the second largest employer in the city. The University of Arizona, as well as other institutions of higher education, are now offering online college courses in Tucson.
- ITT Technical Institute-Tucson. ITT Tech is known for providing a high-quality technical education to its students. The Tucson campus offers associate and bachelor's degrees from five different schools: information technology, electronics technology, drafting and design, business, and criminal justice. Students wishing to take classes online also have a number of degree programs to choose from.
- Pima Community College. Pima is a two-year, public school awarding associate degrees, and less than one-year and one-year certificates. With a student enrollment of nearly 37,000, Pima offers career-focused programs in fields such as business, education, public safety, and trades. Pima college also offers a wide range of education options online.
- The Art Institute of Tucson. This school focuses on educating individuals seeking careers in creative fields, such as web design, animation, and photography. Students here can earn an associate or bachelor's degree in an intimate classroom setting, where the average student-to-teacher ratio is 9 to 1. The school also offers 14 degree and certificate programs that can be completed entirely online.
- University of Arizona. Founded in 1885, the University of Arizona is the pride and joy of Tucson. This public university is dedicated to providing its nearly 40,000 students with high-quality education, as well as working to better humanity through extensive research that boosts Arizona's economy by an average of $2 billion a year, according to the school's web site. Students here can earn a bachelor's, master's, or doctorate degree, as well as a postbaccalaureate or post-master's certificate. The university boasts a seemingly endless list of degree programs, many of which can be completed online.
- University of Phoenix-Southern Arizona Campus. This private university has an enrollment of nearly 2,500 students, each of which have the opportunity to earn a bachelor's or master's degree, or a post-master's certificate. The areas of study offered by the school include education, technology, nursing, and psychology. Students can also choose from a long list of href="http://www.phoenix.edu/programs/degree-programs.html">online programs.
Flagstaff. Flagstaff is located in northern Arizona, surrounded by wide range of ecosystems and landscapes, including plateaus, deserts, forests, and tundras. The city is along the southern part of the Colorado Plateau and adjacent to the country's largest ponderosa pine forest. Flagstaff is a popular tourist spot, boasting around five million visitors a year, because it's along the famous Route 66 and close to Grand Canyon National Park. The city is home to Northern Arizona University, one of the largest universities in the state, and one of the few schools in Flagstaff offering college courses online.
- Coconino County Community College. This is a public college that strives to help its students transition into the higher education environment with ease by offering transfer and enrollment assistance. Students here can earn an associate degree, or a less than one-year or one-year certificate by completing courses and programs at the campus or online through Blackboard.
- College America-Flagstaff. College America focuses on educating students through career-oriented associate, bachelor's, and master's degree programs, according to the school's website. Many of their programs can be completed online. This is the only private school in Flagstaff offering online education.
- Northern Arizona University. Northern Arizona University is one of three public state schools in Arizona. Boasting a student body of more than 25,000, the school awards bachelor's, master's, and doctorate degrees, along with less than one year and postbaccalaureate certificates. The school offers a long list of degree options available for on-campus students. Students are also able to choose from 44 bachelor's or 21 master's degree programs that are offered online.